Candidate: Bradford Kaiwi Lum
‘Aha District: O‘ahu
Address: 1611 Keeaumoku Street #202 Honolulu,Hawaii 96822
Phone: (808) 723-9154
- What are your qualifications to be a delegate to the ‘aha?
Iʻm a Kumu hula,chanter,and retired Hawaiian studies Teacher also considered an expert in turning at risk groups into leaders.
- How would you characterize the values of your campaign to be elected as a delegate to the ‘aha for example, with aloha, lōkahi, kūpono, etc.?
The value I process is Haʻahaʻa. our ancestors were humble,Our queen was humble, and so where my mentors who taught me the true value of being humble.
- What three components of the constitution are you particularly interested in advocating and why?
- To proclaim our sovereignty
- To support the de-occupation of our lands
- To support the threat as Hawaiians as one entity.
Because since 1898 we were mislead by the USA providing false claims was a territory and a state.
- What governance model will you advocate for?
To proclaim National Sovereignty and for the support for next next generation of Hawaiians that protects our lands,water and eco systems.
- Are you willing to discuss other governance models?
No,because I don’t want our hawaiian people to be subjected to more lies for the next generations to come.
- How would the governance model that you choose impact the ali‘i trusts, the Hawaiian Homestead Act, federal contracts made with Native Hawaiian businesses; grants provided by the United States for programs and services to the Native Hawaiian people?
Hawaiians must move to dismantle our selves from the USA. I believe the once we have a native Hawaiian government I believe the USA would be responsible for making amends to the Hawaiian people.
- In your governance model, would you be inclusive of people other than Native Hawaiians as citizens?
I believe all Hawaiians should have the same rights and protections no matter where they live in the world.
- How do you see participation by others in helping the ‘aha on the various aspects of the draft constitution?
Participation by Hawaiians only and not by non Hawaiians as to suggestions.
- Looking ahead, as a delegate to the ‘aha, how would you assure that the governance model ratified by the Native Hawaiian people is implemented and recognized at the state, federal, or international level, as appropriate.
- Why should Native Hawaiians vote for you?
To serve as an watchful eye considering the history of an effort that is not pono with Hawaiians.